Transmission Repair Service
Ralph’s Transmissions are experts in all transmission repairs and rebuilds. A broken transmission is the last thing anyone wants to happen to them. We understand that urgency and expertise are important in keeping your car on the road and out of a shop. When you keep up with your transmission maintenance, you keep your vehicle running stronger and longer.
Why Transmission Rebuild?
Buying a new transmission costs a small fortune. That money could be better spent on other things. Purchasing a rebuilt transmission is an unbeatable solution for inexpensive and worthwhile repairs. Ralph’s Transmissions rebuilds automatic and manual transmissions. When we rebuild a transmission, we take every step to ensure your transmission will last for years to come:
- We replace all damaged components.
- We thoroughly inspect all components.
- We clean the entire system.
- We fully test the entire system.
- Our mechanics are here to perform a professional rebuild at the most affordable price so you can get your car back on the road as fast as possible.
Early Signs of breakdowns
Car transmission rebuild/repair will be required if the following problems seem to appear:
- Inability to shift gears (clutch too tight, no gears, etc.). The reason here is either in the oil level, and its quality or in the details of the transmission.
- The smell of burning. It often appears due to the burning of the transmission fluid.
- Extraneous sounds in the neutral position – rattle, noise. The problem usually lies in the wear of various parts of the gearbox.
- Increased oil consumption or leakage. This is a “symptom” (because the fluid is leaking due to damage) and the cause of other breakdowns that need to be prevented.
- Strong vibrations at low speeds and in neutral. They may occur for various reasons.
- Changing the shift dynamics and the vehicle itself: jerks and dips in torque, fuzzy shifting, etc.
- The appearance of the inscription Gearbox Malfunction. This is a direct signal of a box malfunction (for some car brands, the Check Engine also lights up).
Also, extraneous noises during acceleration and braking and problems with disconnecting/connecting all-wheel drive can also speak of breakdowns. A professional car transmission rebuild service will find the source of the problem, as a malfunction can occur from the clutch side or the gearbox itself. Repair work should be performed by a qualified and experienced specialist who can accurately and correctly determine the source of the breakdown. Contact us right away if you start seeing these signs with your car.
Cost involved for Repair vs. Rebuild vs. Replacement of Car Transmission in Sarasota
Whether your car needs transmission repair, rebuild, or replacement will be best determined by a professional like the experts at Ralph`s Transmissions. The cost for each option will vary based on the diagnosis of the problem as well as the model of the car.
The transmission repair costs can vary based on what part needs serviced. You might spend anywhere between $300 and $1,500. If the transmission needs to be rebuilt, the cost can be anywhere from $1,400 to $3,500. The most expensive option is to have the transmission replaced. On the low end, you might only spend $1,500, but a refurbished transmission can easily cost $4,000 or more.
***The actual cost may vary depending on the make and model of your car and the diagnosis.***
With decades of focused experience, you can feel confident in the diagnosis provided by the auto transmission specialists at Ralph’s Transmissions. We can handle any necessary repairs in our local Sarasota transmission shop. Our specialists allow us to find the right approach to each vehicle as well as perform high-quality diagnostics and repairs. All consumables and main elements will be promptly replaced. In the shortest possible time, leaks, noise, vibrations, etc., will be eliminated for an excellent price.
Restoring a Transmission at Ralph’s Trans
Before beginning any repair, our experts will initially want to perform a substantial multipoint examination to identify your exact transmission problem. In many cases, minor repairs may be required, not a complete rebuild. If a service technician decides that your transmission will have to be rebuilt, they will restore the transmission using the initial unit, rebuilding it with quality parts. The entire transmission will be dismantled and restored with quality parts throughout the procedure. The transmission will also be cleaned, and all internal and external parts will be carefully examined. Any external changes will be made, and all fluids will be topped up.
We value high-quality workmanship and customer satisfaction. We are proud of the many excellent transmission repair reviews our customers have given us over the years. Every team member works extremely hard to make Ralph’s Transmission a business you can trust.
At Ralph’s Transmission, we use only the highest quality parts and stay current on the latest technological advancements. This allows us to rebuild your domestic or imported vehicle transmission instead of replacing it completely, saving you time and money!
We offer free customer towing and the fastest, highest quality transmission fix in Sarasota. If your car has transmission problems, let us show you what we can do for you. Give us a call today!We pride ourselves on “Outstanding service, impeccable integrity, and most of all, perfect work and Reliability.”